A repository of some of my notes on the striking things we're learning to do with matter. It will contain notes on both classic, long-established topics where I'm coming up to speed, and also notes on much more recent work.
- Maps of Matter (Feb 2021)
- How do scanning tunnelling microscopes work? (Feb 2021)
- The Varieties of Material Existence (Sep 2019)
- In what sense is quantum computing a science? Makes a case that quantum computing is part of a broader shift to design sciences. (Dec 2018)
- The Fermionic canonical commutation relations and the Jordan-Wigner transform (Jul 2005)